Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Double Post Day? Say What?

Yes. That's right folks. Two posts in one day! Say it ain't so. But it is...so don't say that. Speaking of music, if you read my last post. You ever feel like you could just spend the afternoon or evening laying on the floor with music spinning. It's a very real way of feeling for me. I remember specifically 2 years ago on a warm Texas spring day processing some heartbreak. I will always love City & Colour for the way it fills me and helps me to process emotion. I opened my window, laid on my bed, stared up at my ceiling fan and processed specific parts of the previous 7 years. There was a lot of letting go. There were a lot of dead and dying dreams...hopes. Seasons were changing. They always were. It was a slow change but came to a significant climax. I'm thankful for the ability to process. A lot of my processing is no longer talking through pain but feeling through it, letting it go, and deciding to grow from it. Maybe it's this stormy tornado weather that has me feeling like I just need to go spin some vinyl, open my windows to smell the rain, and lay on my bed in silence. Sounds like a dream to me right now. 

Photo by Luke Rieke (February Snowpocalypse 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment